This policy was last updated on Sept. 13, 2013.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the comixdaddy.com website is secure and respect your right to privacy. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible visiting our website and using its services. We are sensitive to your expectations of privacy and are committed to making sure your personal information remains confidential. Personal information that you provide in the course of purchasing products from us will not be disclosed, sold, or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties.
Changes to Our Policy
Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information is information you provide that lets us know specific facts about you so that we can respond to your requests. Depending on the portion of the website you visit and the information you provide, this information could range from your email address, name, physical address and ZIP code, which you provide in order to receive information from us about certain services, or more detailed personal information when purchasing services from us. Personal information collected on our website is used only to allow us to fulfill your request for services.We also may collect information you provide voluntarily through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like.
The information you provide may be furnished to a third party in order to facilitate the transaction. In each case, we use your personal information only for the purpose it is submitted to us, which may include providing it to third parties with whom we have relationships to deliver the information or Services you request.
If you chose to use an online service that asks for specific information (i.e., making an online purchase, subscribing to an e-newsletter or mailing list, personalizing the content of the Web site, sending an email, participating in an online survey, completing any online transaction, or submitting information within an online service) more detailed data will be collected. If you choose to submit information to us, it should be transmitted in a secure fashion to our internal databases.
It is voluntary for you to engage in these activities. We may also use this information to send you emails with special promotions or newsletters with content that we think may be of interest to you. You can always opt-out of receiving such emails or unsubscribe to newsletters at any time. If you do not wish to conduct electronic business with us, our staff is available to assist you by phone.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We collect anonymous, non-personal information about your use of our site through the use of “cookies,” which are small computer files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive that allow us to know how often someone visits our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. Every computer is assigned a different cookie by ComixDaddy. The information collected by cookies helps us dynamically generate advertising and content on Web pages specifically designed for you and also allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our site and for what purpose. We may use cookie information to target certain advertisements to your browser or to determine the popularity of certain content.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookie, certain of the functions and conveniences of our site may not work properly but you do not have to accept our cookie in order to productively use our site. While it may be possible to link non-personal cookie information to personal information collected in other ways, we want you to know that if you accept our cookie we will not, without your consent, link the cookie information we collect to personal information you provide to us on our site.
Digital File Security
As normal practice and to facilitate the timely transfer of files, ComixDaddy does not utilize secure or encrypted file transfers at any point of our process.
ComixDaddy may also store the files used to produce projects, including full resolution files, on private servers that are not publicly listed, but, in order to facilitate the production process, does not password protect these files and therefore cannot guarantee the security of these files. However, these files are stored using the “unlisted number” method, where random, non-sequential strings of characters are appended to each filename, meaning that, in order for anyone to access a specific file, he or she must know the exact filename, including the random string. Our servers are also configured in such a way that it is impossible for anyone outside of ComixDaddy to view a complete list of all files stored on the server.
We will provide you with the full, direct filenames of any files we need you to access during the production process and it is important to note that anyone who you share this link with can access the files without any password or other authentication method. Also keep in mind that anyone you share the links with can send them to anyone else without your knowledge. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of these filenames and ensure they are not shared with any unwanted parties as ComixDaddy cannot prevent access to these files to those with the correct file path.
ComixDaddy may, at its sole discretion, retain all files provided by customer for perpetuity, but is not responsible for retaining these files in an accessible, error free format. Therefore, please do not rely on us for backing up your files. We may not be able to locate your files, grant you access to them or ensure they remain error free in the future, so we cannot guarantee the availability or integrity of files.
For quality assurance purposes, all phone calls to and from ComixDaddy may be monitored or recorded. These recordings may be archived by us indefinitely and used for internal training and reporting purposes but remain confidential and will not be released to any third party without permission from all parties involved.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. This website is not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
Disclosure of Your Information
Except as noted below or as specifically agreed to by you, ComixDaddy will not disclose any personal information it gathers from you on our website. We may release personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
- To comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- In special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- We may share customer information with carefully selected partners whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Disclosure to Operations and Maintenance Contractors
ComixDaddy operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your personal information in the course of providing products or services to ComixDaddy. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to better operation and maintenance of our websites. Unless you have opted out of receiving emails and newsletters from ComixDaddy, these contractors also may have access to your email address to send newsletters to you on our behalf or to send emails to you for purposes such as conducting market research on our behalf. Access to your personal information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary in order for the contractor to perform its limited function for ComixDaddy. We also contractually require that our operations and maintenance contractors
- Not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than providing us with products and services.
We also share this information you provide about yourself when placing an order on the website Online Store with our affiliates, suppliers, partners and service providers to the extent necessary to process, bill, and ship your order.
Disclosure of Aggregate Information
ComixDaddy may provide to third parties non-personal information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that is combined with the non-personal information of other users. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this Aggregate Information. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of the Aggregate Information, except that we do require third parties to whom we disclose Aggregate Information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable by combining it with other databases or otherwise.
Privacy and Security Internally
ComixDaddy wants your personal information to remain as secure as possible. That is why we have a two-level security system at ComixDaddy that combines leading technical safeguards and a code of conduct for those employees that are permitted to access our customers’ Personal Information.
- ComixDaddy uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting your personal information to our servers to help ensure the integrity and privacy of the personal information you provide to us via the Internet. Encryption involves systematically scrambling numbers and letters, so that even if someone managed to intercept the information, they would not be able to make sense of it. In order to take advantage of this encryption technology, you need to have an Internet browser that will support 128-bit encryption, such as the latest versions of Internet Explore, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
While we take precautions to ensure your information remains confidential, you must keep in mind as you navigate through our website that any message you may send through the website or through email is not secure and may be susceptible to third party interception. As a result, you transmit information to us at your own risk. Select pages within our site, such as those dealing with e-commerce, may run in a secure server environment. In locations like these, where our website asks you to enter sensitive information, that information is encrypted and is protected with the encryption software SSL. While on a secure page, most browsers display a special icon or symbol indicating a secure page.
Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the entire ComixDaddy business environment as part of our continuing commitment to risk management. We employ special security measures to protect your information including:
- Data Security: We take all reasonable measures to secure your data on our servers, in our data center. The data centers we use are both physically and electronically secured. Our servers are isolated from the Internet by using a firewall which is a hardware and software system that blocks access by unauthorized parties.
- Encryption: We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. When you transmit secure information to us (such as credit card information for making product purchases or passwords), we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (SSL), the industry standard encryption technology. Encryption provides a secure means to protect your information as it passes over the Internet to our servers.
- Confidentiality: ComixDaddy has internal policies that keep your data private and confidential, and will not share your data with any other party.
- Login ID and Password: Access to your account is controlled by a login ID and a password, which you chose. Strict login ID and password rules virtually eliminate the unauthorized user from gaining access.
- Auto-Logoff. ComixDaddy protects you against accidentally leaving your personal information active on a computer browser screen. We automatically end your “session” if you are logged in to a ComixDaddy Service but have not actively used the service for a set period of time. This prevents others from accessing your account when you leave a session and forget to log out.
- Digital Certificates: ComixDaddy uses a digital security certificate.This gives you the confidence that you are connected to a site operated by ComixDaddy, and authenticated as such.
- Sensitive Information: ComixDaddy handles all your personal information with respect to its confidentiality and privacy.
- Business Partners: We require people we do business with to obey privacy and security laws and respect privacy regulations.
- Credit or Debit Card Numbers or Other Payment Information: ComixDaddy does not, by design, store your credit or debit card numbers or other payment information on Web servers. In fact, unless you provide your card number or payment information directly to a ComixDaddy employee, we never have access to this information (with the exception of the last four digits of the card number, if applicable). In the event customers supply card or payment information to an employee, this information is processed and then destroyed. If it necessary to keep the information on file, it is stored in encrypted format on secure servers that are not accessible by the general public.
ComixDaddy reserves the right to print additional copies a customer’s project at its cost, without notice and compensation to customer, and use those copies as samples to be shared with potential or existing customers, including in public forums. ComixDaddy may, at its sole discretion, modify a customer’s project for this purpose. ComixDaddy will mark such samples as “not for retail sale” but cannot be responsible for the sale or trade of the sample once it is out of its possession. ComixDaddy reserves the right to utilize, without compensation, a customer’s name, both personal or organizational, on lists of clients provided to potential or existing customers, including in public forums. ComixDaddy may also use photographs or other graphical representations of customer projects as examples provided to potential or current customers, including in public forums. By printing with ComixDaddy, you are granting ComixDaddy a perpetual, transferable, royalty free and exclusive right to use samples of your project, your name and images of your project for the purpose of marketing printing goods or services.
If customer does not wish to have a particular project used as a sample or example or does not wish for his or her name or organization’s name to appear on customer lists, the customer must provide written notice to ComixDaddy at the time of order. If notice is given later, ComixDaddy may have already incurred the expense of producing sample copies and reserves the right to distribute any copies printed prior to customer’s notice.
Your Role in Security
Your Privacy Choices
When you complete the registration to open an account or update your profile, or complete a custom quote request or other inquiry, you may receive recurring informational and promotional emails from ComixDaddy and/or third parties. You may opt out of receiving emails from or on behalf of ComixDaddy at any time by clicking the link in the emails.
We ask for contact information (such as name and email address) if you wish to subscribe to various newsletters. You can unsubscribe from such newsletters very easily. When you have received a newsletter you wish to stop, click the unsubscribe link in the email and you will be unsubscribed. Please note that, because we prepare promotional mailings in advance, it may take 2 to 3 days for your name to be completely removed.
This privacy statement applies only to the ComixDaddy website. The ComixDaddy site does contain links to other sites. Once you enter another website (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that ComixDaddy is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit through a link or advertisement on any website that collects personal information from you.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can always contact us in order to update or delete your personal information, or change your preferences with respect to that information.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to ComixDaddy from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, we promise that upon receiving your request, all personal information stored in the databases we actively use for research and daily business activities, and other readily searchable media, will be deleted.